FLOWTECH Metal Tube Variable Area Flow Meters (Rotameters) are intended for application where high pressure, temperature OR corrosive conditions preclude the use of conventional glass tube. These are all Metal Variable Area type Flowmeter design to measure flow rate of liquids, gases & steam under critical conditions. It consists of a tapered metal tube, an indicating assembly and a float. A magnet encapsuled in float couples with rotating magnets connected to an indicating pointer, thus the movement of the float, is accurately indicated in terms of flowrate.
- Simplified piping and reduced space requirements.
- Permanent magnetic link between metering float and motion position transmitter.
- Precision swaged metering tube.
- Heavy duty welded float and guide construction.
- Guide cartridges easily removable for cleaning
- Provide with Electrical transmitter, flow indicator OR alarm.
How does a tube rotameter work?
The Tube rotameter is functional on the principle of an adaptable area flow measurement.
What are some of the limitations of tube rotameters?
The device is accessible with several advantages, but it also has some limitations, which have been mentioned below;
- Pressure drop: Due to tube constriction, occurrence of pressure drop is possible.
- Limited turndown ratio: It has an inadequate turndown ratio in comparison to other flow meters.
- Sensitivity to alignment: It can be specially fitted in a specific orientation so as to ensure accurate readings. Variations in the installation position can affect the movement of float,
- The device is not apt to be used for the high-viscosity fluids.
What applications are tube rotameters commonly used for?
It has utility in various industries, including water treatment, chemical processing, pharmaceutical industry chemicals and solvents. This is also apt for measuring the flow rates of gases and liquids in the production processes of HVAC system, Laboratory research and Oil and gas industry.