FLOWTECH Chemical Rotameters are intended for general in line and By-Pass metering applications (i.e. for Gas & Liquid) where operating conditions are with the limitations of Glass metering tubes. These are the principle of Variable Area. The float moves freely up and down tapered borosilicate glass with fluid flow from bottom to top. The float takes up a position where buoyancy forces and the float weight are balanced in proportion to flow rate. The Vertical position of the float as indicated by scale is the measure of the instantaneous flow rate.
- Simplified piping and reduced space requirements
- Permanent magnetic link between metering float and motion position transmitter
- Precision swaged metering tube
- Heavy duty welded float and guide construction
- Guide cartridges easily removable for cleaning
- Provide with Electrical transmitter, flow indicator OR alarm.
FAQ for Glass Tube Rota Meters:
Does a rotameter need electricity?
No, it does not need external power required. This mechanical device does not ask for power to give the measurement of gas or liquid flow.
Why glass tube rotameters are always installed vertically?
As the float position is based on gravity, it becomes important for this to be mounted vertically.
How does glass tube rotameters function?
The working principle of glass tube rotameter is variable area flow measurement.
What are the typical applications of glass tube rotameters?
The applications are mentioned below:
- Water treatment: Used for assessing flow rates of water in irrigation systems, treatment plants, cooling systems, and others
- Chemical industry: Assists in the processes of dosing, liquid/gas chromatography and blending.
- HVAC: Can controlling the flow of gases as well as air in the HVAC systems.
- Research laboratories: Widely applicable in laboratories for measuring flows in research and experiments related to a wide variety of fluids.
- Pharmaceuticals: Applicable for the flow measurement in medicinal manufacturing procedures, such as packaging, filling etc.