FLOWTECH Acrylic Body Tube Variable Area Flow Meters (Rota meters) are intended for general in line metering applications (i.e. for Gas & Liquid) where operating conditions are with the limitations of Acrylic Body metering tubes. These are the principle of Variable Area.
The float moves freely up and down tapered Acrylic body Tube with fluid flow from bottom to top. The float takes up a position where buoyancy forces and the float weight are balanced in proportion to flow rate. The Vertical position of the float as indicated by scale is the measure of the instantaneous flow rate.
- Suitable for water, saline water, air N2 H2 and natural gases
- Adjustable Low & High Flow , switch
- FRP Coated body for corrosive plant
- TC joint connection
- Available from 15 NB to 100 NB
- pipe size and ranges between 30 to 40,000 LPH of water at ambient temperature
What are the applications of acrylic body rotameters?
The Acrylic body rotameters have assorted applications in many industries, including:
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical
- Food & beverage production
- Wastewater management and water treatment
- Oil and gas
- Chemical processing
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning)
- Research and development test site
How can I select the right acrylic body rotameter for my application?
Choose the device on the basis of following factors:
- Fluid compatibility: Make sure that the device finds compatibility with the fluid being measured. Also, check the chemical compatibility charts.
- Flow range: Regulate the maximum and minimum flow rates needed for your specific application.
- Operating conditions: Consider the pressure and temperature conditions of the application.
- Accuracy requirements: Evaluate the level of precision required for the application. For higher accuracy, look for another flow measurement technologies.
- Consider the available space, type of connections and mounting options, as required.
- Assess the budgetary constraints, but make sure to not compromising on suitability and quality.
Is Acrylic body rotameter durable?
Yes, it has a good service life, if well used and maintained.