The Full bore electromagnetic sludge meter offered by us are intended for measuring the electrically flow of conductive liquids that flow in closed pipe lines. The said device has been made to measure the electromotive forces so that liquids velocity can be determined. The determination is done through Faradays law of electromagnetic induction. It can also compute the flow rate by making use of equation of conductive liquids. It has a minimum conductivity of 5 micro Siemens and can endure the effects of temperature, pressure, density and viscidness of the flowing fluid.
Working Principle of Full Bore Electromagnetic Sludge Meter:
The said device works on the principal of faraday's law that says, when a conductor passes via a magnetic field of a given strength, production of voltage in the conductor take place. It is in proportion to the relative velocity between the magnetic field and conductor.
Technical Detail of Full Bore Electromagnetic Sludge Meter:
- Nominal Dia (mm): 15 to 400
- Material of Construction: MS, SS 304, SS 316 & SS 316L
- Electrode Material: SS 316, SS 316L, Hastelloy , & Tantalum
- Process Pressure: Max. 25 kg/cm2
- Process Temperature: Max. 150C
- Flow Tube Material: SS 316
- End Connection: Flange/Wafer
- Flange- Standard: ANSI B 16.5 150 #RF / 300 # RF
- Measuring Range: 0.5 m/sec for Minimum & 5m/sec for Maximum
- Accuracy: +- 1% FSD Optional: +-0.5% FSD.
- Repeatability: 0.3%
- Display: 2 Line Alfa Numeric LCD
- Display Version: Integral /Remote
- Output: Std. 4 20 mA
- Protection Class for Sensor: IP 65
- Protection Class for Transmitter: IP 65
- Cable Length for Remote: 10 meters
- Installation: Inline Flange Type.
FAQ for Full Bore Electromagnetic Sludge Meter:
What are the limitations of electromagnetic flow meters?
There are few limitations of electromagnetic flow meter in its applications, which are given below:
- It is not appropriate for applications having low velocity.
- It is a bit expensive.
- The device can be used for the fluids which have a conductivity more than 20 micro ohm/cm.
- Gas inclusion may result in inaccuracies.
What is the minimum velocity needed for the functioning of electromagnetic flow meter?
Minimum to maximum full-scale range is 0.5m/s or 1.5ft/sec. to 10 or 11m/s or 30 or 33ft/sec. The range of velocity is also based on type of flowmeter. The fluids having solid content must have the velocity between 3 and 5m/s or 9 and 15ft/s so as to evade the deposits and abrasion.
What type of measurement is done by electromagnetic flow meter measure?
This volumetric flow makes use of electromagnetic induction for measuring the velocity of liquid.